We have an exciting new opportunity to join the team leading the direction and development of our proprietary attribution modelling software Cubed.
If you are a full stack developer that can turn product vision into tangible reality.
If you can create an inclusive environment and lead by example.
If you can collaborate with stakeholders across the board.
If you can evolve a platform and architecture that remains scalable, reliable, maintainable and ultimately saleable.
If you want to work with a team of talented developers collaborating closely while working remotely,
Then you may be the right person to join us on the journey to take this product to market.
As the Lead Developer of Cubed, you will be responsible for overseeing the design, development, and implementation of the platform. You will lead a team of developers to ensure that the platform meets the needs of the business and its users, is scalable, reliable, saleable and maintainable.
- Lead the development team in designing, building, testing, and deploying a software platform that meets the needs of the business and its users.
- Take strong and decisive ownership of deliverables, team objectives and performance metrics, working hand in glove with the Commercial Product Owner to turn the (existing) product vision into a technical reality
- Collaborate with project managers and stakeholders to define project scope, timelines, and requirements.
- Ensure the platform is scalable, reliable, saleable and maintainable.
- Recruit and lead a dedicated DevOps Engineer to deliver best practice and continuous improvement.
- Be responsible for technical leadership of the Cubed platform, setting direction, priorities.
- Be responsible for setting and achieving KPIs in line with business needs.
- Support the sales process and sales team; contribute to PQQ, sales and tender documents, attend client, pitch or QBR meetings as required.
- Be responsible for defining and implementing project management processes and development best practices.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to the team, with focus on supporting the development of junior developers.
- Be responsible for the overall architecture of the Cubed project implementing current best practice and ensuring it is effective and fit for purpose.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest emerging industry trends and technologies in web-tech, SaaS, software development and recommend changes to the platform as needed.
- Overall people management of the Cubed team.
- Manage team members’ personal and performance standards, overseeing holidays, attendance and well-being.
- Ensure annual performance reviews for each team member providing feedback, setting objectives and identifying development needs.
- Work closely with project manager on resource management to balance workload providing every team member with the opportunity to develop skills and deliver good utilisation.
- Thought leadership – contribute to thought leadership within Yard, including writing articles and papers and event speaking.
- Serve as a member of the wider Senior Management Team, actively contributing to overall business strategy and priorities and ensuring Cubed is built to adequately serve the needs of the business and our direct clients
Yard is an agency committed to both understanding what value clients might generate from their digital investments and helping them deliver and sustain this value through innovative products and services.
We expect all our employees to live our values in their day-to-day interactions with colleagues, clients and contacts:
- Firm financial footings (Commercialism, diligence, efficiency)
- Always leaning in (Listening, challenging, hunger)
- Finding ways through (Flexibility, pragmatism, speed)
- Earning the right (Humility, proactivity, altruism)
- Proving our value (Measuring, optimising, future-proofing)
- Being stronger together (Collaboration, sharing, partnering)
- Accurate team time-keeping and utilisation
- Delivery to project/roadmap deadlines
- Control of software and storage costs to budget
- Client satisfaction and retention
- Platform reliability and downtime
- Staff development and retention
What we need
- Experienced line manager, capable of motivating and leading remote teams
- A persuasive communicator, able to make complex ideas accessible.
- Confident presenting to various audiences in technical or non-technical forums
- Commercially-minded, able to contribute to making a profitable division
- Strong client-facing skills to support efforts to attract and retain key clients
- Experienced senior full-stack developer. Capable in multiple languages with focus on Python (Django), MySQL and React
Technical architecture skills
- Strong understanding of database warehousing tools and technologies particularly MySQL
- Understanding of marketing attribution and ROI measurement an advantage
- Understanding of data science, propensity modelling or other related statistical methodologies an advantage.
- Understanding and knowledge of areas surrounding core code; AWS, Django, Ansible, Terraform, and clouded platforms such as AWS, Positive Internet.
- Supportive line manager facilitating a fail-fast learning culture
- Agile approach to client requirements
- Confident in presenting and reporting at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated and well-organised.
- Lead by example, demonstrating the behaviours you expect from your team.
To apply or find out more about the role, get in touch with our HR Director, Ruth Kisby on firstname.lastname@example.org.