ROX has worked with Yard for five years and they’re a great bunch. They really care about ROX and they have developed a great understanding of the work we do. We've achieved great results together, seeing strong increases in market share and revenue in a competitive market place. Our sales dashboard in Cubed allows us to better understand the performance and attribution of all our marketing efforts. We trust Yard’s strategy and insight helping ROX to most recently achieve a record Christmas in 2021 for sales and position 1 rankings for engagement ring terms.— Kyron Keogh, Managing Director
Engagement rings are a core part of the ROX online market. ROX had seen their ranking URL for the primary keyword “engagement rings” fall from position #5 in April 2021 down to #24 in early October 2021 following Google algorithm updates, site issues and competitor improvements.
The objective was to assess the market, identify improvements on the page, and see that ranking begin to recover in time for Christmas.
We kicked off the project by carrying out an extensive market analysis, reviewing competitor sites, news coverage and search trends. Following an extensive review of the existing ROX engagement rings page from every angle, we delivered a series of recommendations for optimising the page.
We crafted copy and delivered UX recommendations, improving keyword targeting and user journey with minimal word count addition. We also improved image alt tags for better accessibility.
Our digital PR team then initiated a series of reactive campaigns, spotting relevant news stories on celebrity engagements and quickly working on ways to connect national and global coverage to ROX engagement rings. Our work led to coverage in Marie Claire, Glamour Magazine, The Daily Mail, The Mirror, Hitched and MSN.
Our results-driven approach led to a surge in rankings and organic traffic, delivering a project with stellar ROI.
- “Engagement rings” keyword ranking in position 1, with an average ranking of #3
- Worth an extra £750k in revenue per annum
- ROI of £12 for every £1 spent
- £423k above forecast
- 568% increase in organic visits in the first 3 months
- 286 pieces of coverage including 113 high-quality links in twelve months, from the likes of Marie Claire, Hitched and MSN
- 6,046 visits in the first six weeks of 2022, compared to 4,640 visits in the last six months of 2021
- 62 keywords on page 1 (up 342%)
- 88 keywords on page 2 (up 144%)