Head of CONTENT – maternity cover
Yard is an agency committed to understanding what value clients can generate from their digital investments and helping them deliver and sustain this value through innovative products and services.
Yard is an ambitious digital agency with big plans. We’re growing rapidly and we’re continually adding new Yardies to the team to support that expansion, so this is a time of opportunity.
Sometimes someone in the team needs to take a break and we are looking for someone to step in and lead our Content Team for 6-12 months. Maybe you’re what we need?
We believe painstakingly long job specs are unappealing and a waste of your time, so here’s a short summary of what we are looking for:
A talented digital marketer with extensive experience of content activity and optimisation, still actively creative and willing to share their knowledge and experience to develop the wider team.
A leader. Someone to drive the editorial mission, vision and voice, and implement editorial strategies. Able to stimulate exceptional delivery and comfortable taking responsibility for and ensuring team outputs.
A mainstay. An experienced individual, with the ability to inspire confidence in clients and staff alike. Capable of further developing current processes, quality of work and efficiency to deliver continued ROI for our clients.
Sound like this could be the perfect role for you? Read on for the full job spec.
- Firm financial footings (Commercialism, diligence, efficiency)
- Always leaning in (Listening, challenging, hunger)
- Finding ways through (Flexibility, pragmatism, speed)
- Earning the right (Humility, proactivity, altruism)
- Proving our value (Measuring, optimising, future-proofing)
- Being stronger together (Collaboration, sharing, partnering)
Head of Content will lead the content team to create and implement a content strategy for all clients.
Daily duties as a Head of Content include creating an editorial mission, vision, and voice, and developing and implementing editorial strategies. They will be responsible for improving processes, quality of work and efficiency to improve ROI for clients and profitability for Yard.
Working with the Director of Search and other senior members of Yard, the role will also involve new business development and be actively involved in the development and improvement of Cubed’s content functionality.
WHat YOU’ll BE DOING
- Create and deliver content strategy for all clients, using Cubed where possible to drive improved ROI.
- Manage the content team to ensure delivery of all content activity across optmisation and campaigns, within agreed timescales and budget.
- Manage content budgets, including costing out individual campaigns and delivering them within budget.
- Work with Strategy Director to deliver new business opportunities
- Work with the Cubed development team to improve Cubed for content activity.
- Support team leads in planning / scheduling content activity.
- Provide insights and analysis on content performance across clients and make monthly recommendations to improve activity.
- Continuously look to improve processes and efficiencies within the team.
- Review and improve client approval processes.
- Manage quality control across all content activity.
- Continuous staff training on all content production.
WHAT WE NEED
- Extensive knowledge in content creation.
- Demonstrated understanding of project management process & workflow.
- Experience in leading and managing a team
- Advanced use of google docs & office software. Proven collaborative workflow management.
- Content production – Content strategy, content creation, brief writing, editing, proofing, commissioning of work, quality assurance & process development with partner PM & client content managers
- SEO management including, technical, structural, keyword research, on-site optimisation, content creation, link building and reporting.
- Ability to train others in the use of tools, systems & processes.
- Production skills – Monitor & manage content production in detail and to meet all agreed deadlines.
- Client facing skills – open, flexible but challenging where required, always do what is right for the client.
- Revenue and budget targets
- Gross value added (GVA) targets
- EBITDA targets