DIGITAL PROJECT MANAGER
Managing projects in the data team from start to finish, ensuring all phases of client work are delivered on time, achieving best-in-class standards.
Yard is an ambitious digital agency with big plans. We’re growing rapidly. And so, we’re adding new Yardies to the team to support that growth.
We are looking for a Digital Project Manager to join our search team in Edinburgh (or Cardiff). Is this the role for you? Here’s what we are looking for:
Somebody who knows where their towel is. If that makes no sense to you, read Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. If it does, and you know where your towel is, we’d love to talk to you. We live in a world of chaos, full of distractions: emails, messages, piercing screams, demands from clients, staff, office dogs and intrusive but essential Zoom calls. If you can still be organised, breathe through all of it and end the week, bruised and battered but still smiling, proud you’ve got through it, still chuckling that you managed to finally get Scott to do that task that he refused to do, after holding his breathe, ‘til he turned blue and passed out but you were there, standing over him, when he came round to remind him of the deadline and the blunt fact that he has to deliver it and you’re sick of his excuses. If you can do all that and still have your towel draped over your shoulder, we’d really like it if you came and worked at Yard.
There’s no point getting shit done as they say if it’s not done properly, efficiently and without a commercial mind. We are not believers in profit before anything. We believe in looking after our people and through that, we can achieve profit and have a satisfied team. If you’re commercially focused and love getting the best out of humans, pushing them, challenging them, giving your clients great service and a great return, we’d really like it if you came and worked at Yard.
DON’T F*CK WITH MY DEADLINES.
It’s our Head of Content’s favourite phrase. She uses it more than good morning, more than goodbye, even more than hello. The truth is nobody would even think about f*cking with her deadlines but she’s so precious about them so we don’t argue. If you’re that serious about deadlines, I’m not sure we could have two people who are as militant about deadlines in the one business. Could cause friction. If you’re slightly more liberal about deadlines but still never miss one, we’d really like it if you came and worked at Yard.
Of course, if you think you’d be a great fit for this role, the full spec can be found below.
In the meantime, if this sounds like a job you’d genuinely enjoy, do get in touch.
Role: digital project manager
Reports to: account director
Yard is an independent digital agency specialising in Data, Technology and Search. Data is the biggest game-changer of our time. It tells us everything we need to know, and we help brands unlock that information. Delivering relevant and engaging digital experiences, and enabling an agile marketing approach. We do this through sharp strategic thinking, smart creative ideation and reliable digital execution.
We are looking for an experienced project manager skilled in planning and managing the delivery of complex digital projects for key clients to join our team of search specialists.
Whilst all staff are currently working in a hybrid model, due to our office locations, Edinburgh (or Cardiff) based would be preferred.
At Yard we are a living wage employer, allowing all employees to earn their true worth and what their families need to live on. We value diversity, and are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.
Yard is a unique and special place because of the sum of the people who choose to work here. We’d love you to join us and add to that unique equation.
To manage projects and retainers delivered by our search team on behalf of our clients. Projects include global content strategies, global content campaigns, SEO projects such as website migrations and fully retained SEO services. Responsible for search team resource management across all client activity.
Edinburgh based preferred.
- Firm financial footings (Commercialism, diligence, efficiency)
- Always leaning in (Listening, challenging, hunger)
- Finding ways through (Flexibility, pragmatism, speed)
- Earning the right (Humility, proactivity, altruism)
- Proving our value (Measuring, optimising, futureproofing)
- Being stronger together (Collaboration, sharing, partnering)
- Manage projects across the search team’s service offering from start to finish, including project planning, overseeing delivery, client communication and risk / scope management and budget management
- Own resourcing process to ensure project and client commitments are met
- Work with search team leads ensuring all phases of client work is delivered on time achieving best-in-class standards
- Brief delivery teams thoroughly on tasks and projects so they understand expectations, timelines and budget
- Set up and manage projects using our project management software Jira
- Manage, track and report internally weekly on all client projects
- Gain an understanding of technologies that we work with including Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics and our proprietary platform Cubed
- Lead on day-to-day client communication on allocated projects / clients
- Develop strong and lasting client relationships
- Through our brand values play a key role in exceeding client expectations
- Projects delivered on time and within budget
- Efficient management of search team resource ensuring client commitments are met and that projects/tasks are allocated to individuals with necessary capacity, skills and experience
WHAT WE NEED
- Web/digital project management (at least 3 years); preferably within SEO or Search industry
- Ability to liaise with clients and partners of all seniority levels on a day-to-day basis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise multiple client projects and tasks
- Outstanding commercial acumen
- Proven track record of delivering successful projects for clients
- Digital Agency-side background required
- Project management qualification(s) preferred and/or knowledge of Agile and Prince2 methodologies
- Experience of using project management software tools e.g., MS Project, Jira
- Experience of managing SEO and Search projects
- General understanding of tag management solutions and analytics software
- Highly organised
- Strong people skills
- Self-starting attitude with the desire to learn and develop
- Team player