CUBED SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Yard is an agency committed to both understanding what value clients might generate from their digital investments and helping them deliver and sustain this value through innovative products and services.
Yard is an independent digital agency specialising in data, technology and creativity. Data is the biggest game-changer of our time. It tells us everything we need to know, and we help brands unlock that information. Committed to delivering relevant and engaging digital experiences, and enabling an agile marketing approach. We do this through sharp strategic thinking, smart creative ideation and reliable digital execution.
We are looking for an experienced developer who loves working on their own and also as part of a team. You will be given the freedom to improve your skills while also being guided towards long term development goals.
The Cubed platform is an eco system of different services talking to each other. Our services are all primarily python driven, using a MySQL database and hosted on AWS.
While being a member of our team you can specialise in one area over the other, or – as we like to encourage – you can work your way up to becoming a full stack developer.
We have taken developers from all backgrounds before and so we do not mind if your previous experience is primarily C#, or PHP, or node.js etc. we look for coders who can solve problems.
Our different services include:
- The Cubed tag written in JS deployed via bitbucket pipelines, and used by all our clients on their websites.
- Our Data Collection Servers written in python, deployed via Terraform.
- All our Data Processing Servers written in python, deployed via Packer, Ansible and AWS.
- The main Cubed Dashboard our clients use, which is built on Django for its backend and React for the frontend.
Our roadmap is filled with more features and ideas we’d love to build, and you can help us with that.
Whilst all staff are currently working remotely, due to our office location in Cardiff, Cardiff-based would be preferred.
Besides a great work environment and the opportunity to change the world, we offer a competitive salary, a commission scheme, benefits, and plenty of Yardie perks which include 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + birthday off, and a company pension scheme.
Yard are proud to be a living wage employer, allowing all employees to earn their true worth and what their families need to live on. We value diversity and are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.
Yard is a unique and special place because of the sum of the people who choose to work here. We’d love you to join us and add to that unique equation.
We expect all our employees to live our values in their day to day interactions with colleagues, clients and contacts:
- Firm financial footings (Commercialism, diligence, efficiency)
- Always leaning in (Listening, challenging, hunger)
- Finding ways through (Flexibility, pragmatism, speed)
- Earning the right (Humility, proactivity, altruism)
- Proving our value (Measuring, optimising, future-proofing)
- Being stronger together (Collaboration, sharing, partnering)
Work as part of the Cubed team to ensure continuous platform operation and data capture for clients. Contribute to ongoing development and the high quality and timely delivery of further operational functions on the Cubed roadmap.
Work positively and productively as a team member whilst also being capable of delivering substantial work projects on own initiative. Contribute to large-scale solutions and writing clean, readable, scalable code. Potentially working in new areas allowing you to expand your knowledge and skillset.
- Contribute to ensuring that the Cubed platform remains continually operational for clients
- Write readable code that is production ready to deliver agreed functionality.
- Be responsible for quality assuring your own work and ensure bug-free development at each stage
- When necessary, deploy bug fixes
- Contribute to planning and research of new features.
- Develop an understanding of how to structure code and system architecture.
- Improve the different aspects of the Cubed platform, including but not limited to, the speed and efficiency of code/data processing.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- All code created is clearly readable and fully documented.
- Demonstrate a continually improving understanding of various aspects of the data industry and tools.
- Work on and release three or more new features each quarter.
- Working alone on projects, and as part of a team.
- Client interaction, whether over the phone or via email.
- Experience in any server-side language Python, PhP, C#, java. (Does not have to be an expert in these fields)
- Nice to have: database experience, work with ORMs such as Django.
- Respecting other people’s ideas during meetings.
- Working with the team.
- Taking on responsibility for their work.