Business Development Representative – SEARCH
Yard is an agency committed to both understanding what value clients might generate from their digital investments and helping them deliver and sustain this value through innovative products and services.
Yard Digital is a globally trusted digital agency that partners with clients to enable and deliver measurable returns on investment for our clients. We manage the digital marketing strategy for clients like Sainsbury’s bank, Sage, ROX Luxury Jewellers and VisitScotland.
We also specialise in bringing data expertise to assist our clients in maximising their investment in analytics technologies particularly around the Adobe and Google 365 stack we successfully work with the likes of British Gas, Camelot and others in this area.
Yard are proud to work with industry-leading clients in the UK and beyond and differentiates itself through data innovation, deep knowledge and years of experience.
The person who is successful in this role has the opportunity to potentially develop into the leader of the sales function as it grows. The agency aspiration is to double revenue year on year for the next three years.
Whilst all staff are currently working remotely, due to our office locations, Cardiff based would be an advantage for this role.
Besides a great work environment and the opportunity to change the world, we offer a competitive salary, a commission scheme, benefits, and plenty of Yardie perks which include 25 days annual leave + bank holidays + birthday off, and a company pension scheme.
Yard are proud to be a living wage employer, allowing all employees to earn their true worth and what their families need to live on. We value diversity and are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.
Yard is a unique and special place because of the sum of the people who choose to work here. We’d love you to join us and add to that unique equation.
We expect all our employees to live our values in their day to day interactions with colleagues, clients and contacts:
- Firm financial footings (Commercialism, diligence, efficiency)
- Always leaning in (Listening, challenging, hunger)
- Finding ways through (Flexibility, pragmatism, speed)
- Earning the right (Humility, proactivity, altruism)
- Proving our value (Measuring, optimising, future-proofing)
- Being stronger together (Collaboration, sharing, partnering)
You will work closely with Yard CRO, your Departmental Director, and Yard Marketing Manager to develop and deliver the lead generation plan for your area, in line with business requirements, leveraging and exploiting predominantly outbound channels to include:
- Vertical based targeted campaigns
- Face to face and telephone
You will target strategic/enterprise level prospects, identifying and quantifying their marketing business problems and pain and then working with the Yard solutions teams to create valuable solutions that address the underlying issues, creating demonstrable financial business cases sufficiently powerful to ensure they purchase the Yard solution.
The initial prospecting needs to support the next generation of our product and service offering and the ideal candidate will be literate in understanding client maturity and identifying where opportunity for development lies. There is a requirement that time is spent working closely with Departmental Director, and Marketing Manager to fully understand the offering and engage to build a positive relationship with the teams.
- Execute a complex, solution-based consultative sales process to identify client pain, develop needs, qualify and formulate value-based solutions.
- Work closely with the CRO and Marketing team in the identification of the correct prospects, through considered outreach campaigns.
- Active engagement and participation in specific events as well as productive client and industry networking.
- Develop new business opportunities by analysing and proactively targeting high-potential functions within a company and navigate the internal hierarchy to understand the influencers and the buying team.
- Travel and meet with prospects on-site, building relationships and advancing sales opportunities.
- Execute end-to-end sales activities, including lead generation and follow up, opportunity qualification, sales process, business financial approvals, contracting etc.
- Effectively forecast sales opportunities, while tracking and using critical metrics that predict sales success.
- Track all relevant sales activity using the company’s CRM platform.
- Maintain knowledge of the current industry and digital marketing trends as they evolve.
- Work closely with the Search Account Manager and the Search delivery team to enable a strong handover process.
- Work with CRO and Marketing Manager to enable strong handover of prospects and continuously improve lead generation processes.
- Manage the execution of lead generation campaigns
- Work across the funnel from outreach to nurture.
- Work within CRM (Hubspot) to evolve and optimise funnel management.
- Work with Marketing Manager to provide reports to senior staff on key performance metrics, including demos booked and campaign conversion rates.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Sales and revenue targets
- Increase in lead generation into top of funnel:
- Build lead database for all Search campaigns
- Manage lead database for appropriate campaigns
- Demand generation into sales: leads converted to opportunities
- Campaign conversion rates
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience selling value-based solutions and effective execution of a complex, solution-orientated sales process.
- Experienced in managing a complex sales cycle, from generating leads to managing prospects, fully utilising a CRM.
- Evidence of a track record of success in the data analytics and implementation space.
- Demonstrable enterprise sales success; exceeding targets, recognition amongst peers, awards etc.
- A history of building relationships with large corporate senior line-of-business and Digital Marketing, executives and management.
- Proven experience working in business development teams within Software, Marketing or Agency Services (Analytics, SEO, PPC, Marketing Automation, CRO, Social Media).
- Experience of building internal database of both brands and agencies along with company details and relevant contacts
Experience in managing sales and marketing software such as Salesloft, Skrapp, Hubspot etc.
- Proven ‘hunter’ (new business) selling skills.
- Passion for working with emerging technologies and a desire to deeply understand and demonstrate Yard’s skills, functionality and use cases, as well as business and technical elements
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and presentation skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high growth company where change is a constant
- Exhibits a solid work ethic and understands the difference between activity and results
- Able to function independently, as well as collaboratively with Yard team members
- Passionate about fundamentally transforming the way people utilise digital marketing to realise exceptional outcomes and results.
- Highly motivated with a proven success record of exceeding targets and goals
- Personable and skilled at building positive client relationships
- Persistent and resilient in driving results