Yesterday saw a few of the Yardies heading through to Glasgow for Interactive Scotland’s annual Digital conference –this year’s topic was ‘Creating & Measuring Value from Digital’ and where Andrew Burnett, our Head of Social, was also running a Social Media workshop in the afternoon.
With almost 600 delegates from across Scotland and a great line-up of speakers, it certainly seemed like the place to be! There were plenty of familiar faces and attendees who came from across all business sectors.
Bacon rolls, coffee and an exhibition kicked off proceedings, followed by a welcome from Interactive Scotland’s Alisdair Gunn.
- comScore’s Enterprise Director s Chris Thomson – ‘Thinking Digital: Returning Value From Your Digital Investment’
- Mark Treacy, International Director from Linked-In – ‘Secondary Sales: Building Relationships with the World’s Professionals’
- Guardian Media Group’s Matt McAllister discussing ‘Open Thinking, Open Design, Open Digital’.
- ‘Publishing Indie Mobile Games in today’s Competitive Marketplace’ by Edward Rumley, COO of Chillingo Electronic Arts.
- Pearson’s VP of Education Technology, Tom Hall on ‘Transforming the Global Classroom’.
Lunch was followed by a number of workshops all being presented by Scottish businesses in the Digital sector.
- Yard’s own Andrew Burnet talking about Subverting Social Media Platforms to gain attention in a crowded space and Perception versus Reality
- STV’s Alistair Brown on Developing Digital Assets & IP
- Jim Wolff from The Leith Agency talking about Building an Effective Digital Brand
- David Craik from Bright Signals demonstrating how you Can Build Agility and Responsiveness using Digital Tools
The video of Andrew’s seminar will be published soon and the Attacats were on the ground live blogging the keynotes and workshops see here
It was great to see so many people come together in a friendly and informal environment to realise and measure the value from Digital whatever their business. Sign us up for next year!