Information and resources for the Coding Masterclass at Gower College:
Industry Challenge – Brief
- We want to create an interactive game which informs and tests students about Apprenticeships.
- Using Scratch, create a project which will be both fun and informative for players and will teach them about apprenticeships.
- The game can be designed however you want, but must use ALL of the provided apprenticeship facts!
Industry Challenge – Apprenticeship Facts
- An apprenticeship is employment mixed with training that is linked to your job.
- You’ll learn on the job with your employer and off the job at college.
- As a guide, the duration of an apprenticeship is generally between 10 to 18 months
- There are different levels of apprenticeship:
Level 2: equivalent to GCSEs, A* to C grades or Scottish National 5
Level 3: equivalent to A-Levels or Scottish Highers
Level 4: equivalent to HNDs or foundation degrees
- The national minimum wage for an apprentice is £2.73 per hour. The employer may choose to pay more.
- An apprenticeship will help open doors to contacts in the Creative Industries, provide paid work and give you the skills and experience employers are asking for as well as a nationally recognised qualification.